I am Dr. J. Bruce Stewart - CEO of Small World Solutions.
I was formerly the Deputy Director Training, Compliance, and Strategic Initiatives in the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and was responsible for the coordinated implementation of the President Obama’s Executive Order on Diversity and Inclusion.
I retired as a Lt Colonel from the United States Air Force in October 2007, after 23 years of service. During his service he was attached to Air Force Special Operations, served as a Management Engineer, and was a Computer and Communications Commander. My last assignment was as the Air National Guard’s (ANG) Director of Cultural Diversity Transformation.
I has served and been involved in numerous Leadership and Diversity initiatives at the local, state, and national levels. I have lectured on diversity at several educational institutions including MIT, Harvard, and West Point.
I have a Bachelor of Science degree from Southern Illinois University, a Master of Science degree in Computer Science from Friends University, and a Doctorate in Law and Policy from Northeastern University. I serve as an Adjunct Professor at American University in the KEY Leadership Program.
I authored a book on diversity leadership titled, “Cultural Leadership: The New Chemistry of Leading Differently.” And, has a second book scheduled to publish next titled, “The Plus Effect: Why Some Team(s)Work and Others Don’t”.
Summary of Experience
CEO Small World Solutions
Chief Strategist of President Obama’s Executive Order 13583
Provided training and consultation services to a broad range of scientific and technical organizations
Co-Chair Whitehouse initiative on “Increasing Women and Minorities in STEM by Reducing Bias.”
Served as Acting Director, Office of Diversity & Inclusion, Office of Personnel Management, Federal Government
Chief Architect of government-wide new initiative to measure and train inclusion called “The New IQ”
Coordinated, collaborated, or provided technical assistance to all cabinet-level government agencies
Delivered lectures on the importance of diversity to MIT, Harvard, & West Point faculty and students
- 2011 “Government wide Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Plan” Office of Personnel Management
- 2011 “Government wide Diversity and Inclusion Implementation Plan” Office of Personnel Management
- 2014 “Conference Presentation on Diversity and Inclusion” at Diversity in Government Conference
- 2014 “The New IQ: A New Kind of Intelligence for a New Kind of World” Federal Manager’s Magazine
- 2016 “Increasing Women and Minorities in STEM by Reducing Bias Report” Whitehouse Office of Science and Technology Policy
- 2016 “Government wide Inclusive Diversity Strategic Plan” Office of Personnel Management
- 2019 “The Relationship Between the New Inclusion Quotient (IQ) Index and the Twin Challenges of Problematic Behaviors and Under representation in the Federal Government” Northeastern Library Digital Repository Service
- Doctorate Degree Law & Policy Northeastern University
- Master of Science (MIS) School of Business, GPA 4.0
Friends University, Wichita, KS
- Bachelor of Science – Industrial Engineering Technology
Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Il
- Air Command and Staff College of the Air Force (Master’s Level)
- Squadron Officer School, Air Force, Mobile Al
- Personnel/Manpower Officer School Keesler AFB
- Equal Opportunity Advisor Course EEOC, St Louis, MO
- Certified Diversity Practitioner Course, Souder and Betances, Chicago, Il